So you are a first-time home buyer in Florida thinking about taking that big step towards home ownership? The USDA home loan is without a doubt a wonderful choice for Florida first time buyers because there is no down payment required. The Government backed USDA loan is the only 100% home loan available in Florida for non military home buyers. Here are a few steps to take to help you decide whether you’re ready to move forward.
- Check the selling prices of comparable homes in your area. Web sites such as www.Zillow.com can give you a general idea of what you should expect to pay. Remember these tools are good for “general prices” but will not be 100% accurate. You can also do a quick search of actual MLS listings in your area on a number of Web sites like www.realtor.com Keep it local and in the same zip code if possible.
- Get an idea of how much you can afford by using the mortgage calculator at www.usdamortgagesource.com/blog (bottom right side of screen) The USDA mortgage calculator will give you a good idea of your “real world” monthly mortgage payment with taxes, homeowners insurance and monthly mortgage insurance included. Remember that taxes, insurance and mortgage insurance are important factors in determining your actual monthly payment.
- Determine how much you will pay in closing costs. Yes, the USDA mortgage is 100% financing and it also allow for buyers closing costs to be paid by the home seller or rolled into the loan. However, homebuyers will need some money for upfront appraisal / inspection fees. Read more by clicking here.
- Talk to reputable real-estate agents in your area about the local market and what you can expect. We would be happy to connect you with a great agent in your town. Just submit the quick request form on the right side of your screen to request an agent.
- Remember to look at the big picture. While buying a house is a great way to build long-term wealth, keeping up with your investment can require a lot of work and be expensive. Unexpected costs due pop up, and you will be responsible for these items.
Questions? Cal us at 904-302-6060 or just submit the information request form on the right side of your screen. Please be sure to visit www.UsdaMortgageSource.com for all the latest program requirements here in Florida. USDA Mortgage Source is Florida 100% home loan leader – Serving all of Florida including Volusia, Lake and Seminole County (Daytona Beach FL, Ormond Beach FL, Deltona FL, Deland FL, Clermont FL, Orange City FL, Debary FL)
FHA buyers – be sure to check into www.FhaMortgageSource.com for the latest FHA loan info.