FHA is a great government backed mortgage program that is readily available through Florida. Flexible qualifying guidelines along with min down payment requirements makes the FHA mortgage great for first time homebuyers. In order to better your chances in successfully getting your FHA loan approved it always helps to be well-informed. It’s a good idea that buyers are aware of the FHA application requirements before applying as well as know the process of your application, the documents required, and finally, the closing.
Before y0u begin your FHA application:
Careful analysis has to be done here. Lenders vary on precise amounts but a debt load that’s higher than 45% is risky for an FHA loan. You will need two years of employment preferably without a decline in pay.
FHA Credit check
It’s usually the small things that hurt the most. Check your income, credit, as well as rent history (paying rent to parents to board in their home does not qualify, mind you) that might show up on a credit report. Get everything on the up and up, aiming for a clean record. Take care of any small lingering collection accounts.
FHA Credit score
A credit score of 620 or better would be ideal for the 3.5% down payment FHA. If you came out of a bankruptcy or foreclosure, you would need to have maintained a perfect credit since then (4 years and 5 years respectively).
- Fill out the Buyers Information request which tells the lender what you have and what you need.
- This will aid the lender in creating a customized strategy to aid you in attaining FHA approval. An application will have to be filled out that detail everything about you, the borrower, which will be used in figuring out whether you’re eligible for a loan or otherwise. The rate and the terms of the loan will also be determined largely by the information in your application form.
- In the event the application is pre-approved, you will get the disclosure documents which are essentially initial loan documents that have all the minute details regarding the terms, interest rates, cost and payments of the loan.
- This has to be signed and returned along with other documents such as your bank statements, IDs, references, etc., for verification purposes. Usually these documents are prepped and readied well before the loan application is submitted to the lender.
- The FHA loan processor reviews all verifying documents and requests for missing or any additional documents from the borrower if need be.
- Upon completion, the documents are then submitted to the underwriter.
- The underwriter will send a Conditions List of additional missing items or documents to the buyer.
- Once the buyer completes the needed items on the list, it’s sent back to the lender for final approval. A closing date is then set.
- Note: The whole application process takes about 3 weeks to a month until closing date.
Questions about applying for a FHA loan in FL? Please reach out to us today by calling 800-743-7556 or just submit the quick Info Request Form on the right side of this page. Mobile users will find the short Info Request Form here. We are available to serve you 7 days a week.
Located in a Rural Area of Florida? Check into the 100% No money down USDA loan at www.UsdaMortgageSource.com
FHA Loan Application Process