Welcome to USDA Mortgage Source, a leading USDA Rural Housing educational resources. Our agency specializes in USDA home loan information for first-time homebuyers and current homeowners. The USDA RD loan is a government mortgage program that is backed by the United States Department of Agriculture and provides a number of homeownership opportunities across the U.S. This program has been around for many years and has helped thousands of buyers achieve the American dream of homeownership.
USDA Rural Development is one of the last remaining mortgage programs that allow eligible home buyers to purchase a property with NO down payment in 2022. That’s right, it is still possible to purchase a home in select locations across the U.S. with no money down.
Regardless of your mortgage knowledge, USDA Mortgage Source will be more than happy to assist you. We take the time to answer all your questions and educate you on the advantages of USDA financing. If you are looking for information on government loan programs, you have found the right place.
* Have questions about applying for a USDA loan, or just want to learn more? Just call or fill out the Info Request Form on this page to connect with our affiliate 7 days a week.
Already have a USDA mortgage and want to learn about refinancing options? Please click on the USDA Refinance page above to learn about the Streamline Assist refinance program. USDA interest rates are still near historic low levels and the USDA refinance program could help drastically lower your monthly mortgage payment.
What exactly is a 100% USDA 502 Guaranteed Loan?
The single-family housing, USDA 502 Guaranteed program is a government-insured mortgage for families living in qualified rural locations in the United States. However, don’t let the word “Rural” confuse you as many suburbs even have eligible locations.
The goal of the USDA program is to help our rural communities expand by making homes more affordable through no down payment and moderate credit requirements. This is one of the last zero down payment loans available for non-military homebuyers in the U.S.
This is especially good for first-time home buyers and public service workers like Teachers, Firefighters, and Police Officers that want to purchase a home but have limited savings. Many of these buyers find it difficult to save the down payment often required by FHA and Conventional loans.
Listed below are just a few benefits of a USDA mortgage:
- The program requires NO money down – up to 100% financing (101% with guarantee fee added to buyer loan)
- Reduced monthly mortgage insurance costs (PMI) when compared to other loan options like FHA.
- USDA closing costs can often be included or rolled into the loan. Home buyers closing costs can also be paid by the seller up to 6%.
- There is NO maximum set loan amount limit with USDA – loan limits are based on debt to income limits.
- No assets (large savings) are needed to qualify for the program.
- Qualifying for USDA financing with lower credit scores is possible.
- USDA loans are secure low 30-year fix interest rates set by approved lenders, banks, and brokers.
- Homebuyers can choose to put down money down on their loan if they like. They can also receive gifts for a down payment.
- The loan can be used to purchase ANY new & existing single-family residence located in a USDA approved eligible area or zone. Contact us today if you need help, we are always happy to discuss the eligible areas in your city.
- The home purchase can be a regular sale, short sale, foreclosure home or bank-owned home. Single-family, townhome or approved condo. Mobile and manufactured homes and “build on your own land” financing not available.
- The USDA Single Family Housing 502 Guaranteed program is NOT reserved exclusively for first-time home buyers, move-up buyers are also welcome to apply!
- No special first-time buyers class, down payment assistance, grants or bond money needed with the USDA program. Get pre-approved and start searching for your perfect home all on the same day, it’s really that easy.
Please click the USDA Benefits page above to dig in and learn more about this great government-backed program. 100% financing, low mortgage interest rates, and affordable property values make this a great time to purchase your new home. The USDA Blog here is also a great resource to read about the latest program updates.
We encourage home buyers to contact us 7 days a week with any questions about the USDA application or loan pre-approval process. To fast track your request, please fill out the quick Info Request Form on this page and our affiliate will contact you today. You can also call the number at the top of this page.
* Please note if you have questions regarding an existing USDA loan you already have in process (loan status, closing or turn times, etc) you will need to contact your lender, mortgage broker, or bank direct for status updates.
Happy to serve those in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Minnesota, and many others. Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Gainesville, Tallahassee, Lakeland, Naples, Atlanta, Columbus, Nashville, Memphis, Charleston, Charlotte, Minneapolis.