Homebuyers often ask how they can find houses eligible for USDA Rural Development mortgages. It’s easy thanks to the online USDA property eligibility map. The property location map was recently revised in September 2023, this update should remain current through 2024.
The latest USDA Eligibility Map here will help buyers identify the addresses and locations that are currently eligible throughout the U.S. Please keep in mind a few things when searching for eligible properties.
- When inputting the property address, leave out the city name and state if you get an error. Just include the property street number, street name, and zip code. Sometimes less is better.
- Buyers can view large areas on the map by zooming in or out.
- The eligible locations are not flexible. The property must show “eligible” in order to be approved for USDA financing. Remember with USDA financing, the location of the home is the important factor, not who is selling the home.
- Vacant land, income farms, large acreage, and investment properties are not eligible.
Also note, that in addition to the actual property location, USDA has requirements for household income. Buyers can read about the 2024 USDA Housing Income Limits here.
Once buyers establish that their property location and household income meet the guidelines, they can move on to the loan application process. The application process typically takes about 20 min to complete, please call us at the number above, or just submit the Info Request Form on this page to get started.
USDA mortgages provide a great avenue for buyers to purchase a home with little to NO money down. This is especially good for first-time home buyers who have limited savings. Some of the advantages include:
- 100% Financing
- Low monthly mortgage insurance when compared to FHA loans
- Buyers closing costs can be paid by the home seller
- Secure fixed interest rates for no recapture or early pay-off penalties.
- Flexible credit requirements
- Not limited to first-time homeowners
- Closings in as little as 3 weeks
Contact us today to learn more, we are available to assist 7 days a week. Please call the number above, or just submit the Info Request Form on this page.